Website Loaves, Fishes & Computers
Strengthening Community Through Technology
Job Description: Administrative Assistant – Front Desk
Position Description: Loaves, Fishes & Computers (LFC) is a non-profit organization with a mission of helping close the digital divide in our community. We’re looking for an energetic, determined, and self-directed person to join and work with our team to support our organization’s mission. This position is entry-level and ideal for someone wanting to gain work experience in a fast-paced, non-profit organization.
Under the direction of the Operations Lead, the Administrative Assistant – Front Desk provides basic reception duties and performs administrative and office support activities for LFC.
● Greets customers in person and by phone
● Completes sales and maintains product inventory
● Assists customers with the completion of forms and applications
● Provides basic tech support to walk-in customers
● Answers questions about LFC’s services and programs
● Assist in office organization and maintenance, including taking out trash and e-waste and basic cleaning
● Accepts in-kind donations and assesses donations for e-waste
● Enters and maintains customer data
● Accepts and processes correspondence and deliveries
● Assists with outgoing correspondence and outreach materials, including donation receipts, letters, event flyers, etc.
● Maintains the inventory of repairs and manages communication with repair customers
● Forwards phone calls and messages and schedule customer appointments as necessary.
● As needed, supports the Administration and Operations team with the following:
o Supply inventory and management
o Sales and purchasing review
o Outreach activities
o Office tours
o Donor appeal efforts
● Positively and Professionally represent LFC and its mission
● Perform other related duties as assigned.
● Bilingual and Biliterate in English and Spanish
● Excellent customer support service abilities
● Excellent skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve are required.
● Very strong ability to think ahead, take personal initiative, work both independently and as a team member, collaborate, and coordinate with others.
● Excellent writing and grammar skills and general communications abilities, written and verbal, are preferred.
● Proficiency in computer programs
● Excellent phone and written communication skills
● Must have reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance coverage.
● Must be able to attend weekend and evening events as necessary.
Position Reports to: Operations Lead
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 per hour
Days and Times: 30 hours a week, must be available between Tuesday and Saturday 10 am to 4 pm.
Open until filled. Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com