Website Latitude 36 Foods
Food processing company
8AM – 5PM (OT and weekends, as required)
*May vary, depending on business needs
$28.00 – $32.50/hourly
The Buyer role is a hands-on position responsible for effectively managing the planning and purchasing of materials to timely support operations and product development. This position will be responsible for strategic planning, purchasing of materials, vendor relationships, inventory management and condiment contracts.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a purchasing capacity within a food manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of strong working knowledge with ERP – emphasis with MRP and working knowledge of lot control.
- Mid-level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of material planning and scheduling methods.
- Experience with project management & expediting and optimizing inventory levels.
- Knowledge of general accounting and finance principles.
- Strong vendor management.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Reviews buy action report to determine material requirements, then generates purchase orders, generates purchase orders based on MRP demand, historical usage and other pertinent factors.
- Considers freight efficiencies when creating purchase orders to determine the most cost-effective way of purchasing materials while considering the company’s maximum inventory days guideline.
- Evaluates and manages safety stock levels at each re-order point.
- Tracks and expedites purchase orders as needed and ensures materials are scheduled to arrive prior to production requirement.
- Communicates and resolves any materials shortages with appropriate functions.
- Produce the supplier forecast and other tools to ensure supplier success.
- Maintains accurate purchase costs in the company’s ERP system and identifies any price discrepancies.
- Coordinates the return of discrepant materials with vendors and ensures that credits are received.
- Partners closely with the Quality Assurance department for product specifications, quality inquiries, product recall and other quality related activities.
- Monitors purchase price and lead time variances for vendors and takes appropriate action to correct problems identified.
- Considers market conditions and commodity pricing trends as part of inventory level determination.
- Participates in regular meetings as required.
- Responsible for the efficient purchasing of inventory and supplies.
- Performs other duties as necessary or as requested.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.