Website Laguna Seca Golf Ranch
Under supervision, the Course Worker provides support to the Golf Course Maintenance department. This position is responsible for aiding the Assistant/Golf Course Superintendent with various golf course maintenance and construction activities. This position assists the Assistant/Golf Course Superintendent in the successful growth and operations of the company. Note: the distinction between these three levels of Course Worker is primarily experience and skills development.
- Promote Financial Stability
- Assist in the maintenance and construction of new greens, tees, and fairways: activities include, but are not limited to, grading, preparing soil, and planting.
- Grade and prepare a soil plant bed; lay sod, plant vegetative material, and seed greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Operate dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
- Perform various (daily) maintenance activities:
- Operating power equipment to mow greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Watering and fertilizing greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Trimming trees and pruning shrubbery.
- Cultivating shrubs and flowers.
- Changing cups and tee markers.
- Maintaining accessories and water hazards.
- Preserving and raking bunkers.
- Foster Teamwork and Cohesiveness
- Attend departmental meetings as required.
Ensure Company and Regulatory Compliance
- Operate mowing and other equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
Build Positive Relationships with the Community
- Display a professional appearance and attitude, remaining courteous to guests at all times.
Working knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in golf course and grounds landscape construction and maintenance work.
Demonstrated skill to safely operate trucks and motorized equipment.
Ability to follow oral and written directions.
Lifting (50 pounds)
ü Small details/print
ü Peripheral vision
Pulling (50 pounds)
Pushing (50 pounds)
High Noise Levels
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
United States (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED.
A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply.
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma.
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.