Website Laguna Seca Golf
Under supervision, the Course Worker provides support to the Golf Course Maintenance department. This position is responsible for aiding the Assistant/Golf Course Superintendent with various golf course maintenance and construction activities. This position assists the Assistant/Golf Course Superintendent in the successful growth and operations of the company. Note: the distinction between these three levels of Course Worker is primarily experience and skills development.
PROMOTE FINANCIAL STABILITY
• Assist in the maintenance and construction of new greens, tees, and fairways: activities include, but are not limited to, grading, preparing soil, and planting.
• Grade and prepare a soil plant bed; lay sod, plant vegetative material, and seed greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
• Operate dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
• Perform various (daily) maintenance activities:
• Operating power equipment to mow greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
• Watering and fertilizing greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
• Trimming trees and pruning shrubbery.
• Cultivating shrubs and flowers.
• Changing cups and tee markers.
• Maintaining accessories and water hazards.
• Preserving and raking bunkers.
FOSTER TEAMWORK AND COHESIVENESS
• Attend departmental meetings as required.
ENSURE COMPANY AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
• Operate mowing and other equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
BUILD POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE COMMUNITY
• Display a professional appearance and attitude, remaining courteous to guests at all times.
• Working knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in golf course and grounds landscape construction and maintenance work.
• Demonstrated skill to safely operate trucks and motorized equipment.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.