Website KSBW HEARST TELEVISION
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst Television owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more. The radio stations are leaders in Baltimore news/talk and rock music listenership. Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry’s premier companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Hearst Television is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst.
- Set the overall tone for the national sales department by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Lead our national rep firm sales team with clear direction on our expectations and strategies.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve national sales goals across multiple media platforms.
- Work alongside our Sales Manager to foster a positive sales environment
- Work closely with the national rep firm on forecasting, negotiations and planning also coach and inspire our team of national reps to grow share
- Negotiate all national business including political
- Work with the national sales assistant on preempts and orders
- Accurately forecast national broadcast revenue
- Assist the sales manager in helping to grow local TV and Digital revenue share
- Achieve or exceed the national revenue budget
- Ability to work with the GSM on inventory management and pricing
- Minimum of 3-5 years broadcast sales or management experience.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix, or other CRM software.
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
- Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and multi-cast
- Takes full ownership of national budgets and revenue goals and constantly develop strategies to overachieve
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared
- The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- Bilingual in English / Spanish verbal and written a Plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.