Website janesanswering Jane's Answering Service
Monterey County's #1 answering service 1954.
Jane’s Answering Service is seeking a highly motivated phone operator/customer service representative. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced office environment and looks forward to the daily phone interactions with our clients throughout Monterey County and California. By handling incoming calls from multiple lines and offices, you are a vital part of each teams office. The Telephone Operator’s main responsibility is to responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and direct caller to appropriate destination; ensuring efficient communication to our clients while maintaining attentive courteous and efficient customer service.
- MUST Be Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- MUST be available weekends and holidays
- Answer incoming phone calls outside or during business hours for a variety of businesses, including agencies, medical offices, independent contractors, lawyers, property management, real estate, security, towing companies, emergency elevator phones, directory lines and other small to medium sized businesses.
- Speaks clearly, distinctly, and with a friendly, courteous tone. Uses listening skills to put callers at ease and obtains accurate, complete information.
- Type messages, transfer calls, relay verbal messages and deliver messages to clients.
- Ensure calls are answered in a timely manner using approved telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Handle incoming calls from multiple clients and screen/route calls to the appropriate person(s) or dispatch as instructed.
- Receive, evaluate and prioritize telephone (emergency and non-emergency) and electronic requests.
- Adjust tasks in accordance with changing call flows, emergency calls, and priorities
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Monitor and file incoming emails, faxes, and route to the correct folder and staff.
- Communicate with surrounding staff to ensure quality.
- Adjust tasks in accordance with changing call flows, emergency calls, and priorities.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Fast typing skills or proven work experience as a typist or data entry
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and desire to satisfy the needs of our clients
- Excellent time management with a proven record to prioritize tasks, delegate when appropriate, and meet deadlines
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills and related software
- Knowledge of the local Monterey County area
ABOUT JANE’S ANSWERING SERVICE
Serving all of Monterey County since 1954 JTAS is dedicated to delivering a high-quality service experience to each of our clients, supporting both emergency and non-emergency calls. The team offers 24/7 support 365 days a year for clients that include and are not limited to agencies, medical offices, independent contractors, lawyers, property management, real estate, security, and other local businesses. Service needs ranging from emergency response, maintenance, message taking, scheduling and support. We are seeking applicants who meet the following requirements:
Work Location and Commuting: On-site. Must have your own transportation to our office in Salinas CA, a valid driver’s license, and a working smartphone.