Website Fresh Express
The Manager will directly support business success by managing all facets of inventory accounting.
Job Function Statements- Essential Functions:
Ensures an accurate and timely inventory of raw ingredients, packaging and finished goods on a frequent basis (i.e. daily, weekly). Duties include, but are not limited to, managing gatekeepers, inventory clerks, setting work schedules, assigning tasks to associates, investigating issues and communicating with internal departments. This position is responsible for analyzing and improving inventory transaction processes, such as receipt, product transfer to production, and supporting all facets of the logistics department. Complete and analyze performance measurements such as inventory accuracy, packaging shrink (MUV), PECO Pallets, overhead expenditures and daily KRONOS for hourly associates. Must constantly look for ways to improve a process in order to reduce lead-time and eliminate non-value-added activities. Must have a thorough understanding of all policies and procedures relative to inventory control and assure employee compliance with Department and Company policies and procedures. Maintain safe work environment by assuring employees are trained on all safety issues, completing safety accident and/or incident reports in a timely manner and recognizing and correcting unsafe conditions or behavior. SARBANES OXLEY RELATED CONTROLS: verify that reconciliation processes for Inventory and Gatekeeping in all plants are in compliance. This position is responsible for ensuring successful execution of a closed process to support financial reporting. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- A highly-motivated person who is able to multi-task in a fast-changing environment.
- Must be detail oriented and comprehend which issues to prioritize/monitor.
- Must have strong leadership, training, cost accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the understanding of process improvement.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and MS Office.
- Capable of working in a cold (34 degrees F) and wet environment and be willing to work weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively function within diversified teams.
- Must be able to set a priority on customer satisfaction and possess a sense of urgency.
- Must have coaching, developing and mentoring skills.
Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:
- Experience with Process Improvement methodology
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Polish)
- Computer skills: Access, KRONOS, and AS400
- Master’s Degree a plus
- 3-5 years experience in Operations Management, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- 2-3 years experience in a food processing and packaging environment or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
Drug and Background check required.
Please apply at http://www.freshexpress.com/careers