Website Slingshot Connections
Position Title: HR Administrative Assistant (Temp)
Location: Soledad, CA
The HR Assistant will support the HR department by focusing on the day-to- day transactional and
administrative responsibilities, as well as related functions including first class customer service to our 700 plus
Operations employees, assisting with recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding, payroll fulfillment, and other
programs within HR department.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Reporting to the Human Resources Supervisor, this role assists with and performs the more routine
Human Resources (HR) duties in the areas of policy interpretation, training, on-boarding, and offboarding, data management, employment law compliance, and benefits and leave administration
• Acting as point of contact for incoming inquiries, issues, and requests from employees and managers and
escalating to higher level HR staff as needed
• Assist the Recruiter with non-exempt job bids, interview and selection process as needed. Helps to
ensure that the selection process is effective in selecting candidates who meet company’s standards.
• Managing and performing tasks associated with the processes of the full employment lifecycle such as
leading New Hire and Benefits Orientation and works closely with the HR Supervisor and Recruiter to
ensure onboarding of hires is timely and that all new hires complete the necessary testing and
screenings as well as all necessary new hire paperwork.
• Liaising and collaborate with internal partners including Payroll, Benefits, HRIS, and Safety to ensure
resolution of day-to-day employee issues or redirect to appropriate contacts.
• May assist to generate regular ad hoc reports as needed.
• Payroll administration including timesheet corrections and audits, pay adjustments and corrections.
• Administer HR related processes including COVID-19, tuition reimbursements, and employment
• Assist with intake of initial employee relation statement and forward to appropriate HR member.
• Creating and managing employee files, manages the I-9 verification process and audit data.
• Manages the attendance points ensuring accuracy in the tracking of records
• Ensures required Company and personal employee information is entered, revised, and maintained
current in the HRIS system. Process daily transactions in HRIS such as termination, leaves of absences, promotions
• Works closely with the HR Supervisor and HR Generalist to drive employee recognition and rewards
• Work with minimal supervision on HR projects with regards to employee engagement and retention
• Manages the badge access and locker access and clean outs of lockers quarterly.
• Ensures regulatory information is processed timely and maintained in accordance with, and local, state,
and federal requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
• Experience (required): 2 years minimum in a Human Resources administrative position; preferably in
Manufacturing Plant environment.
• Experience (preferred): 3 years minimum in a Human Resources administrative position preferably in
Manufacturing Plant environment.
• Knowledge/Skills (required):
• Ability to work in a high-paced office environment.
• Has a high level of discretion and excellent judgement.
• Take initiative with task completion and ability to propose process improvements
• Detail-oriented with employee requests, auditing, file management and performing data entry
• General knowledge of HR/employment law and Cal OSHA / OSHA
• Have exceptional customer service and communication skills and enjoy working with and for our
• Exercise sound judgment, enjoy solving problems and feel comfortable working at varying paces
• Flexible, adaptable and resilient in our current changing environment due to COVID-19
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently; ability to maintain positive working
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, time keeping systems, and HRIS.
• Experience handling labor relations issues and disputes in a formal setting.
• Ability to balance the needs of the employees with the needs of the business
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to communicate with a broad range of the
workforce, allowing for flexible and appropriate communication with various levels of employees.
Bi-lingual/Bi-literate English and Spanish (Required)
Internal & External Relations
Corporate HR for overall decisions on policies and procedures for salary positions (wage information,
regulatory compliance, training, hiring and retention of employees)
Plant personnel, including managers, supervisors and Operations employees to facilitate goals and handle
Local community, chamber of commerce, state and local agencies for job and work-related matters, workforce
issues, corporate social responsibility, employee aid and assistance, temporary staffing agencies.
Education & Certifications
High School Diploma required, BA or BS, preferably in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration
or equivalent preferred aPHR or PHR certification preferred
When inside of plant floor, environment is cold with an average temperature of 34 degrees F. Concentrated
chlorine and concealed ammonia is present. Work surfaces and floors are wet. Employees are required to wear approved shoes and personal protective equipment.
**Typical “office hours” is the standard expectation with the ability to work a planned limited amount of
overtime, weekends, and off-hours accessible to plant shifts. No travel.