Website Howard Johnson Inn
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 160 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Use daily checklist to complete projects listed as assigned.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the hotel standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
- Pick up any Room Attendant’s dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable.
Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.