Website Hijos del Sol
Community-based, nonprofit arts organization
Hijos del Sol is a community-based, nonprofit arts organization based in Salinas, California. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has overall operational responsibility for Hijos del Sol’s administration, staff, programs, and the execution of its mission. The Executive Director works in collaboration with the Artistic Director and supervises an administrative staff member, as well as art practitioners, teachers and mentors.
Minimum requirements include:
- Associate Degree in a related field is required, Bachelor’s Degree is desirable, with at least 3 to 5 years of senior management experience in a nonprofit organization (preferred) or a public agency.
- Knowledge of the Salinas Valley community preferred.
- Work experience in the arts and/or education is highly desirable.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to supervise and develop staff, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Computer literate; proficient in office and financial management software.
- Proficient in social media tools.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.