Contractor Sales Support
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For 100 years and four generations of Hayward family leadership, Hayward Lumber has been committed to meeting and exceeding the needs of builders. Beyond full-service lumberyards, we offer window, door and cabinet design centers, pro-oriented hardware stores, and innovative building solutions designed to save time and money. Hayward Lumber is a family-oriented company that treats every employee as such. Our average tenure companywide is over 12 years and we pride ourselves in creating an environment in which you can learn, grow, and prosper. Hayward Lumber provides a competitive compensation structure, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and paid time off including vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
We operate 5 ½ days a week from 7 AM – 5 PM. Learn more at www.haywardlumber.com
Classification: Full Time – Hourly
Pay Range: $18 – 20
Reports To: Branch Manager
Hayward will be the most dependable supplier of products, services and solutions to the construction market, as it has been since 1919.
- Determine customers’ needs and recommend appropriate products and solutions, guiding customers to make the best product and service selections that will provide value to their business.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, scheduling of deliveries, complaints and follow-ups.
- Develop profitable business with new customers through excellent selling, customer service and problem-solving.
- Continuously improve and maintain in-depth product knowledge and expertise.
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information into the computer system, and schedule delivery of products.
- Work with outside sales representatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follow a product/supply checklist for each customer’s job and up-selling additional products and supplies.
- Accept payment and apply it to the appropriate customer account.
- Follow up on deliveries to ensure materials arrived complete and on time as promised.
- Previous experience in sales, new construction and/or commercial projects is a plus
- Knowledge of building materials, building process, and local building codes is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer and math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide common fractions/decimals)
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team atmosphere
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background check
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.