Website Hayward Lumber
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For 100 years and four generations of Hayward family leadership, Hayward Lumber has been committed to meeting and exceeding the needs of builders. Beyond full-service lumberyards, we offer window, door and cabinet design centers, pro-oriented hardware stores, and innovative building solutions designed to save time and money. Hayward Lumber is a family-oriented company that treats every employee as such. Our average tenure companywide is over 12 years and we pride ourselves in creating an environment in which you can learn, grow, and prosper. Hayward Lumber provides a competitive compensation structure, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and paid time off including vacation, holiday, and sick leave. We operate 5 ½ days a week from 7 AM – 5 PM. Learn more at www.haywardlumber.com
Classification: Full Time – Hourly
Pay Range: $22 plus union pension
Location: Salinas, CA
Reports To: Yard Supervisor/Dispatcher
We are the most dependable supplier of products, services, and solutions to the construction market since 1919.
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers’ satisfaction, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
- Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely
- Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries.
- Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
- Completing a thorough load check on your truck before leaving the branch, ensuring that all delivery materials are firmly secured and all parts of your truck are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
- Operates all trucks in safe and efficient manner.
- Assists supervisor, other associates and other work areas, as assigned.
- Valid Class A or B CDL
- Ability to safely operate a Flatbed/Flatbed Dump Truck
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, and interpret standard unit tape measures.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, and other employees.
- Sitting for a prolonged period
- Ability to lift up to 60 – 100 lbs
- Ability to pull, push and grip and ability to stoop and climb 2 – 3 feet steps (into & out of cab)
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background check
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.