If you’re interested in becoming a member of one of the most diversified construction companies in our area, please download application below and fax it to (831) 337-5222
Hastings Construction is currently seeking employment for the following positions:
Skills and Responsibilities
- Read and comprehend work orders to determine stages and types of carpentry projects assigned.
- Go through blueprints and drawings to determine project layouts and dimensions.
- Install materials, structural elements, fixtures, etc., per instructions provided and ensure that all frameworks are properly installed.
- Measure, cut and shape wood, plastic and fiberglass according to provided instructions and construct frameworks such as wall studs and doorframes.
- Repair and maintain structures made out of wood including windows, frames and floorings.
- Inspect buildings and wooden structures to determine need for additions and repair and communicate information to the lead carpenter.
- Repair weather stripping and handle building interior and exterior maintenance work.
- Put up siding and drywall and ensure that scaffolding is properly erected and safely in place.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools to cut and shape wood and fiberglass in addition to properly placing them in desired areas.
- Build countertops and handle cabinet and furniture fabrication duties, along with installing metal doors and setting jambs.
- Perform interior renovations by performing repair and maintenance work on furniture and wooden framework.