Website Greenfield Union School District
School District Office
About the Employer
The Greenfield Union School District is a five school district, serving 3,486 children in grades Pre K-8. Most of our students are Spanish-speaking. The District provides children with a strong basic educational program. It is our belief that to succeed, children must be able to read, write, and speak English, and be technologically literate. The District has aligned its $38 million budget and has committed its entire staff from teachers to maintenance, from cafeteria workers to Superintendent to ensure a strong basic education for each student it serves.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach the standards, as assigned by the Principal.
• Provide planned learning experiences in order to motivate pupils and effectively utilize the available time for instruction.
• Develop lesson plans, instructional materials, and teaching methods in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of individual pupils.
• Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom, and provide guidance in developing qualities of good citizenship.
• Evaluate pupil’s academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, prepare progress reports and to use that data to guide instruction.
• Communicate with parents on the individual pupil’s progress through teacher-parent conferences and other means of communication.
• Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
• Create a functional and attractive environment for learning through attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student work.
• Participate in inservice educational activities.
• Perform basic attendance accounting.
• Supervise pupils in out-of-class activities during the work day, as assigned.
• Administer local and state assessments in accordance with district testing program.
• Participate in curriculum and other development programs within the school assignment or on a district level.
• Participate in after hours activities as identified.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
Provisional Intern Permit (PIP), Short Term Staff Permit (STSP), or Intern Credential welcome. All you really need is a bachelor’s degree and pass the CBEST to get started!
- Copy of Transcript
- Credential Copy
- Letter of Introduction
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (Three Current Signed Letters of Recommendation Dated within the Past Two Years. At Least One Letter Must be from a Current Supervisor.)
- Resume (Dates for all Positions held must be on the Resume)
$55,059 -$126,036 Certificated
**$10,000 if Credentialed!**
*CLICK ON THIS LINK TO APPLY THIS OPENING: