Website Goodwill Central Coast
The ability you create for someone to find a job or career.
Provide training and oversight to participants assigned to a donated goods worksite through programs such as Cal-works and Habilitation, ensuring that such individuals are productive and work in a safe manner.
Provide training and oversight to participants assigned to a donated goods worksite through programs such as Cal-works and Habilitation. This includes training in basic duties of sales associate, processor, and/or material handler.
Ensures completion of safety training for participants.
Sets work schedules with the store manager or designee; assigns work tasks to participants.
Reviews time cards for accuracy, and forwards to the Employment Specialist for submission for payment.
Documents performance of individuals assigned through periodic performance assessment; identifies work performance concerns and addresses issues with the participant and the Employment Specialist.
In concert with store and/or production management, modifies work stations or specific assignments to meet limitations of individuals with disabilities.
Teach and enforce positive worker traits, including conduct, performance, and attendance standards.
Perform designated duties to ensure meeting the goals of the Outcome Measurement System
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in behavioral science or related field, or equivalent, preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQ’D: Valid California Class C driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two years’ experience in a donated goods environment (retail or production), or equivalent; lead experience and experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
Familiarity with Goodwill’s mission, general Company policies and procedures (this may be learned on-the-job).
Familiarity with electronic cash registers and POS systems.
EQUIPMENT USED: Typical retail store and donated goods equipment; typical office equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Ability to communicate in basic Spanish desirable.
- Ability to assess participants’ progress and performance.
- Ability to understand and follow program-specific policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow Goodwill Central Coast’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to teach store and related donated goods procedures, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to demonstrate satisfactory attendance, as outlined in Goodwill policy.
- Ability to recognize and make recommendations for treatment of behaviors that are barriers to performance such as limited and underdeveloped work habits, poor health and hygiene, and low self-esteem.
- Ability to drive a personal vehicle in the transaction of Company business. This requires a good driving record and may require ability to provide evidence of personal vehicle liability insurance.
- Ability to adhere to safe work practices as documented in Company safety policies; ability to report safety hazards/accidents promptly to supervisor or safety committee member.
The job requires some emotional effort involving occasional short deadlines and requiring some overtime. The work environment is characterized by occasional high activity/ demand.
Click HERE to Apply.