Website Global Connections Employment
Helping people throughout life’s journey
The Information Assurance (IA) Specialist V will provide information security support for information systems and IT operations.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience with DoD’s RMF, DIACAP, NIST Certification & Accreditation.
- Must possess Security + or CISSP certification.
- Advanced understanding of software installation and configuration.
- Working knowledge of networks and network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.
Essential Functions (responsibility of position)
Information Assurance & Security:
- Develop and implement information assurance standards and procedures.
- Coordinate, develop and evaluate security programs for an organization.
- Recommend security solutions to support the information assurance guidelines and the customer requirements.
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Analyze information assurance-related technical problems and provides advanced engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provide integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Identify, report, and resolve security violations.
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.