Website Gateway Center of Monterey Inc.
The Direct Staff Professional is a member of the interdisciplinary team and therefore is an integral part of all activities of the facility.
Follow each person’s individual service plan and provide active participation in direct care
Participate in consultant evaluations
Promote independence in all critical life skills development through the implementation of the individuals ISP
Demonstrate knowledge of ISP
Follow daily menu’s, prepare food as written and approved by dietitian
Completion of daily reports
Serve as a member of the ID team and provide direct input concerning individual ISP
Attend to and perform needed physical assistance to residents
Support to residents for self-care and toileting needs
Perform assigned household cleaning duties, while involving the resident supported by the facility Requirements.
· Valid CA Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
· Fingerprint clearance through the Department of Justice.
· Must have thorough knowledge of developmental disabilities, quality program services, administrative and budgeting practices and applicable Federal and State Regulations.
· Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals supported, their families, the QIDP/Administrator, RN, DSP, Consultants and governmental agencies. The ability to develop positive community supports.
· Applicants must have two years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Current CPR/First Aid.
· Complete and pass a TB test, and COVID-19 test, and health screening exam
· COVID19 fully vaccinated
Must be 18 years of age or older
Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent education
Two years experience is usually preferred
Physical Effort/Work Environment:
· Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position
· Mental acuity to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions.
· Ability perform under stressful situations
· Ability to insure the safety and welfare of an individual with physical, medical or behavioral challenges
· Vision sufficient to read handwritten and printed materials, and the display screen of various office equipment and machines
· Hearing sufficient to communicate in person and hold telephone conversations in normal range (approximately 60 decibels)
· Physical agility to sit, stand, kneel, walk, push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop, and to reach overhead
· Physical stamina sufficient to sustain light physical labor for up to 8 hours, sit and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
· Physical mobility sufficient to move about the work environment for sustained periods of time on hard flooring, climb slopes, stairs, ramps, and to respond to emergency situations. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
· On rare occasions may be required to lift a client, up to 200 pounds with assistance
TO APPLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW