Website Gateway Center of Monterey County Inc
Support adults with developmental disabilities in community activities.
Two years’ experience working with adults with disabilities
Preferably in a community setting
Valid CA. driver’s license
Current CPR/First Aid
Fingerprint clearance through the Department of Justice
Complete and pass a TB test and health screening exam
Flu shot and COVID-19 flu shot once it becomes available
COVID-19 test with a negative result
Working knowledge of developmental disabilities, and quality program services.
Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals supported and their families.
Must be 21 years of age
High school diploma
· Monday thru Friday 9:30am to 2:30pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Facilitate the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the recreation, volunteer, and employments sites of their choosing
Creates and uses natural supports and supports client in a person centered manner
Teaches safety awareness to clients while they access their community
Promotes full engagement of each client in each activity
Recognize unusual or threatening conditions related to persons with disabilities and resolve issues if necessary
Monitor client progress through case notes
Complete Special Incident Reports as needed
Completes all other assigned paperwork
Other duties as required.
Fluent report writing skills.
Strong time management skills, patient, detail oriented
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite/Zoom meetings, zoom teachings
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position
· Mental acuity to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions.
· Ability perform under stressful situations
· Ability to insure the safety and welfare of an individual with physical, medical or behavioral challenges
· Vision sufficient to read handwritten and printed materials, and the display screen of various office equipment and machines
· Hearing sufficient to communicate in person and hold telephone conversations in normal range (approximately 60 decibels)
· Physical agility to sit, stand, kneel, walk, push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop, and to reach overhead
· Physical stamina sufficient to sustain light physical labor for up to 8 hours, sit and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
· Physical mobility sufficient to move about the work environment for sustained periods of time on hard flooring, climb slopes, stairs, ramps, and to respond to emergency situations. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
· On rare occasions may be required to lift a client, up to 200 pounds with assistance