Website Fort Hunter Liggett (Army Installation Management Command)
About the Position:
Note: Competition for Security Guard positions is restricted by law to persons entitled to veterans’ preference as long as such applicants are available for appointment.
This position is with the US Army Installation Management Command, US Army Garrison, Directorate of Emergency Services, located at Fort Hunter Liggett, CA. Fort Hunter Liggett is located on the Central Coast of California between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
$49,458 – $64,296 per year
Fort Hunter Liggett, CA
- Control access of vehicles, visitors and pedestrians into military installations.
- Screen employees, visitors, and contractor personnel for visitor access on military installations.
- Operate the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) terminal in accordance with (IAW) federal and state laws.
- Control, prepare and issue identification badges, cards and passes that allow access to the installation.
- Deny access to unauthorized personnel or those who do not meet authorized entry criteria.
- Make instantaneous decisions regarding use of deadly force, operate
- Active Vehicle Barrier when required, and alert appropriate officials of apparent security violations.
- Conduct foot or vehicle patrol of perimeters, roadways, parking and other high traffic areas as well as interior of shops, storage administrative and other structures.
- Conduct traffic stops at the Installation Access Control Point (IACP) for safety and security checks.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Incumbent must be able to meet conditions of employment as stated in AR 190-56.
- IAW AR 600-85, a DA Form 5019 Condition of Employment must be assigned for mandatory drug testing. Drug testing designated position. Individual agrees to submit to a urinalysis on a recurring basis, in accordance with AR 600-85.
- Incumbent must wear the Department of the Army Security Guard (DASG) uniform IAW AR 190-56, maintain a high state of appearance and hygiene.
- Shift work is required, or a change in work shift may be necessary.
- Hours of work encompass fluctuating tours of duty to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Overtime may be required as directed and is subject to recall for periods of emergency overtime.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain state certification for operating the NCIC terminals IAW AR 190-56, requirements of
- Individual Reliability Program apply.
- This position requires the selectee to qualify annually for the
- Individual Reliability Program (IRP) as explained in IAW 190-56, Chapter 3.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- Incumbent must be proficient in the use of assigned firearms/weapons, pass an initial qualification, and must qualify semi-annually thereafter in the use of assigned firearms/weapons.
- Incumbent must undergo and pass annual medical exams of physical, emotional and mental stability.
- Incumbent must successfully complete security guard training.
- Incumbent must successfully complete CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Incumbent may be required to wear chemical protection masks, gloves, and other protective equipment, and may be required to be certified in the use of aerosol irritants and baton.
- Incumbent will be required to pass entry level and annual re-certification of standard Physical Agility Test (PAT).
- Incumbent must possess and maintain a valid California state driver’s license.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of
- Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19 – Physical Security and Law Enforcement position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
- This position is a term position. It is time-limited and may be extended up to a maximum of six years. (Or 8 years if management requests.)
- This position may be converted to permanent career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.
*TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE VISIT THIS WEBSITE LINK:
*VISIT THIS LINK TO VIEW OTHER OPENING AT THIS ORGIMNIZATION: