Website Fort Hunter Ligget
Amended vacancy announcement: changed closing date from 11/18/2022 to 12/02/2022.
About the Position: This is a military technician position with the 63rd Readiness Division, Equipment Concentration Site 170 located in Fort Hunter Liggett, California.
This position requires an active membership as a Soldier in the Army Reserve before a start date can be set. To learn more about minimum qualifications to join the Army Reserve, visit http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs.html
Open & closing dates
10/05/2022 to 12/02/2022
$24.09 – $28.07 per hour
- Maintain issue/turn-in records manually and/or electronically.
- Assist in efficient storage and arrangement of materials.
- Conduct periodic inventories.
- Inspect items for quality, damage, or overall performance.
- Perform minor maintenance of tools, parts and equipment.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AS A SOLDIER IN THE U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR).
- This position requires a medical examination prior to employment.
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position requires a valid state-issued driver’s license.
Physical Effort Required:
Work is performed on hard surfaces and in work areas that require standing, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Attendant frequently lifts and carries tools, parts, supplies, and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. Hand trucks, dollies, and forklifts are available for use in handling heavier items.
Works in storage area which is well lighted, fairly clean, and well heated but occasionally drafty and noisy. There is some possibility of minor cuts and bruises
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Tools and Parts Attendant without more than normal supervision. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: Determine, identify and select tools and parts described by users for intended use; determine methods and techniques for setting up and shifting storage locations; and determine when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for possible repairs. – Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc.
- Dexterity and Safety
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
*CLICK HERE TO APPLY