Website Digital NEST
Front Desk Staff, Watsonville Center
Type: Part Time Min. Experience: Entry Level
PAY RANGE: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour, part-time, non-exempt
HOURS PER WEEK: Up to 24 hours per week
BENEFITS: Professional Development, Paid time off and Retirement Plan
ORGANIZATION SIZE: 45+ employees
LOCATION: Watsonville Center, Location-Based
REPORTS TO: Associate Site Manager, Watsonville Center
Front Desk Staff are responsible for welcoming, registering and checking in all youth members, volunteers, and guests into the space.
Front Desk Staff is responsible for general administrative work, such as attendance tracking, compiling membership reports, room reservations, taking phone and visitor memos, and upholding the membership code of conduct in the space.
- Create a safe and welcoming space for members, guests and visitors
- Operate the front desk
- Maintain inventory of center and programming informational forms and general desk supplies
- Implement lanyard policy
- Uphold behavior and language policy
- Read, forward and/or respond to emails sent to the NEST’s general email address
- Provide members, parents, and guests with general information about the NEST and current programming
- Enter data, manage and maintain member databases, and run data reports
- Maintain basic cleanliness of facilities
- Complete facility opening and closing procedures under the staff supervision.
- Track and complete tasks using Asana, Google apps, and other task management sites
- Assist with supervision of Members in the NEST working
- Attend weekly All-Staff Meetings
TEMPORARY RESPONSIBILITIES DURING THE PANDEMIC:
- Support the Health and Safety Assistant in screening member and staff CV-19 screening on site and before leaving
- Implement CDC safety guidelines and policies
- Aid in the coordination of hand washing, sanitizing, and disinfection placement stations and any medical posts, as necessary
- Distribute tech equipment and snacks, as well as maintaining both stations safe and clean
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification
- Solid customer service skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office and Google Apps)
- Must be available at least 2 days out of the week between 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Outgoing, likes to have fun, and a team player
- Experience working with youth and young adults ages 14 – 24
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding organization’s core values
- Sensitive to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES and immigration status
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA)
- Serve as a positive role model for members, especially in relation to holding others in positive regard, mutual respect social enterprise, career aspirations and becoming tech-savvy; live by and enforce the community code of behavior.
- Occasionally participate in NEST evening and weekend programs; facilitate youth involvement in these programs and events.
- Ability to perform administrative, computer-based tasks for up to 4.5 hours at a time, to be mobile (including, but not limited to walking, bending, squatting, crouching, twisting, kneeling, reaching, etc.), and lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 35 pounds as needed
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.