Website Digital NEST
Senior Manager, Gilroy Center
Location: Gilroy, CA
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Job Title: Senior Manager, Gilroy Center
Compensation Range: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Location: Gilroy, CA
Position Type: Full-time
Benefits: medical, vision, and dental health insurance, flex days, retirement plan, and life insurance
Organization Size: 50+ Employees
Reports to: Regional Director
Digital NEST connects young people from overlooked agricultural communities to skills, resources and a supportive community that unlocks their full potential, builds their confidence, and creates new possibilities for their futures. With two established Digital NEST job training and career development centers in Watsonville and Salinas, CA, we are expanding the reach of our mission with a third center, scheduled to open in 2021 in Gilroy, CA.
Digital NEST seeks an enthusiastic and experienced professional to join our growing organization to establish and run a new Digital NEST center in Gilroy, CA. As the first local hire, the Site Manager will work in close collaboration with the headquarters team, based in Watsonville, to launch Gilroy’s programs and center operations. After the initial opening phase, the Site Manager will manage the daily operations of the site, including program management, partnership development and community relations.
- With headquarters team, lead the process of establishing a new center, including supporting the selection of a physical site location in Gilroy, hiring, supporting onboarding, and training staff, establishing site operations, building community partnerships, and acting as community liaison
- Program Management and Center Operations
- Communicate organizational strategy, mission focus, organizational values and new directions to staff
- Conduct top-level management of programs, e.g. quality assurance on program delivery, ongoing recruitment efforts of youth participants, etc.
- Lead the deployment of a youth recruitment plan
- Hire and supervise all center staff
- Develop and oversee a staff training program
- With the headquarters Programs team: Support the development and implementation of new programmatic initiatives and projects
- Host the deployment of the bizzNEST on-the-job training program and youth consultancy
- Communicate regularly with headquarters about program performance achievements, challenges and needs
- Author written reports on center operations, as needed
- Recruit, train and retain instructional and program staff to ensure strong culture and high-quality instruction, small-group tutoring and one-on-one coaching
- Develop strong relationships with community organizations who can refer youth to NEST programs and establish formal partnership programs that deliver benefits to the NEST’s priority youth populations
- Ensure that NEST values around diversity, equity and inclusion are continuously reflected in the Gilroy center’s programs and interactions with the larger community
- Lead and oversee the implementation of NEST human resources policies, initiatives and procedures at the center.
- Manage the operating budget, ensuring that center operations are fiscally sound
- In coordination with headquarters Operations staff, manage facilities operations and maintenance, and act as point-of-contact with facility owner
- Work with the headquarters Development team in support pursuit of local and regional funding opportunities
- Partnership Development and Community Relations
- Act as the public face of Digital NEST Gilroy
- Serve as a local contact and liaison for bizzNEST clients who are Gilroy-based.
- Contribute to the assessment and cultivation of funding opportunities, design and development of pitches, preparation of proposals on applications for funding and review of proposal drafts.
- Track and uplift success stories, acting as head storyteller for Gilroy
- Integrate into Gilroy and surrounding communities by regularly attending community events and meetings, especially events of significance to NEST member youth and their families
- Develop and maintain a plan for center partnership development and management
- Establish formal partnership programs that deliver benefits to the NEST’s priority youth population
- Create and gather all report and proposal attachments including: financial information, letters of support, work samples, board lists, appendices, etc.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship plan including: support meeting preparation, create decks, help with follow up, create and manage calendar of funder check-ins, invite funders to events, and draft correspondence.
- Participate in research and prospecting process including: identifying potential local foundation and corporate funders
- Manage a portfolio of foundation and corporate partners: managing relationships with key contacts, secure in-kind donations as needed, manage cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of corporate funders.
- Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding the organization’s core values
- 3-5 years senior management in a nonprofit or educational organization or similar (youth-serving org experience and vulnerable population preferred)
- Proven track record of managing, mentoring, and inspiring a high performing team to reach ambitious goals
- Strong project management skills and experience overseeing complex projects
- Experience building and managing organizational partnerships; fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent oral (including public speaking) and written communication skills in both English (bilingual Spanish preferred)
- Knowledge of and relationships within Bay Area educational, civic, philanthropic, and political landscapes preferred
- Proficiency with modern collaborative software tools (e.g. Google Drive, Microsoft or similar); CRM experience a plus
- Familiarity with strategies to engage diverse, underrepresented and vulnerable youth populations
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA).
- Experience setting and managing budgets
- Ability to occasionally participate in NEST evening and weekend programs, sometimes at other NEST or partner locations, and facilitate youth involvement in these programs and events
- Maintain dexterity and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions
- Ability to perform administrative and computer-based tasks for up to 4.5 hours at a time
Candidates must have a valid CA driver’s license, pass a background check, and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed.
Digital NEST, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.