Website Central Coast Cooling
Cooler Manager – El Centro, CA
Responsible for the development and implementation of the fiscal budget for the cooler operations program, including the management of receiving, order selection and all shipping operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Employee management to include, staffing, scheduling, training, and customer relations.
2. Responsible for the day to day operations of the cooler including, but not limited to management of receiving, order selection and shipping.
3. Direct management responsibility for the implementation of approved company programs to support the timely and accurate shipment of customer products.
4. Manage the cost of Operations to conform to the budget and design.
5. Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, data, and enhance the company’s value.
6. Write and administer corrective actions plans to company policies.
7. Solution based approach to change, skilled in developing action plans, practical use of Famous Scanner system and intermediate Microsoft Office suite knowledge.
8. Licensed Forklift operator with active license, or OSHA certified for forklift safety.
9. 2-3 years Food Safety supervision with Food Safety certification.
10. Complete work as assigned accurately and timely.
11. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
12. Network with clients to build on existing relationships.
13. Participate in projects and all other duties as assigned.
14. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
1. Financial Management.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Performance Management.
4. Ethical Conduct.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
7. Project Management.
This job operates in a cooler and manufacturing setting. This role routinely uses manufacturing equipment such as scanners, forklifts, lift trucks, injectors, etc. This role also uses computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely an active role. This would require the ability to continuously walk, stoop, bend, push, pull, lift, and rotate. Continuous vision, hearing and talking with be necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position will require some travel to Salinas, CA
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma
2. Up to 5 years of hands-on managerial experience in agriculture industry, preferably in a cooler setting.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Self-starter and problem solver with experience in agriculture produce pre-cooling, cold storage, and logistics a real plus. You must be able to walk in and go to work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply directly on our website in order to be considered for this position: https://postharvesttechnologies.com/application-for-employment/