Website Community Human Services
Hope, Help, Here.
Grants Manager – Community Human Services
Under general supervision of the Development Director and in coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and Management Team, conducts grant research, planning, writing and reporting in support of annual and capital campaigns.
• Conducts grant research and assesses potential grantors’ areas of interest for alignment with Agency activities
• Plans the annual grant schedule
• Writes and submits private, public, corporate, and community grants, including narrative, budget and required supporting documents, coordinating with Management Team as needed
• Coordinates with Management Team to prepare and submit grant outcome reports with narrative, statistical and financial information and required supporting documents
• Represents Agency to grant funding sources
• Participates on the Development Committee
• Prepares a monthly grant report for the Development Director for inclusion in the development report
• Attends trainings and seeks out other opportunities for professional development and networking
• Provides support to the Development Director and development staff as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Requires basic knowledge and experience in non-profit fund development. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required. Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel, Power Point and Exceed is desirable, as is knowledge of mental health, substance abuse and homeless services. The Grants Manager must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively. The ideal candidate is creative and flexible, able to multi-task and has strong interpersonal relationship skills. Candidates for the position must have a BA in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field. May substitute experience for education. Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated skills and success in the above areas. A valid California driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
Starting salary $65,520 – $72,236/year D.O.E. Additional 5% if bilingual (E/S). Generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. EOE.