Website Community Human Services
Hope, Help, Here.
Case Manager – Casa De Noche Buena Shelter
Full-time benefitted position at the new homeless shelter for women and families with children.
Case Manager provides:
- assessment, informal counseling
- case management and housing navigation services to homeless individuals and families
- assists in shelter operations as assigned
- assessing clients for Coordinated Entry into housing using VI-SPDAT
- assess clients’ needs using The Matrix tool at entry and exit
- assisting with client check-in process
- meal service
- mail distribution
- other shelter activities and schedules
- developing case plan to meet the client’s stated needs
- meeting with clients on a regular basis
- monitor client progress in meeting their goals and objectives
- documenting case plan
- case management sessions
- client progress in client files
- providing clients with incentives to participate in case management and shelter activities
- entering thorough and accurate data into HMIS on a timely basis
- providing housing navigation services to clients to connect them with affordable housing options, Section 8 vouchers, rental assistance, rapid re-housing, and other housing resources
- providing clients with information and referral to ancillary services, including mental health, substance abuse and family safety net services
- coordinating school enrollment and other academic supports for homeless youth with schools’ McKinney-Vento Coordinators
- assisting PO in program development and creation of shelter policies and procedures
- assisting PO with community outreach
- other duties as assigned
- must maintain confidentiality when dealing with client & staff matters.
- BA degree in the field of human services
- Plus two years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office 360 skills
- Oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and medical professionals
- Knowledge of community resources used in the case management of persons experiencing homelessness
- Ability to take direction and work under general supervision
- Ability to work effectively under stress and conflict
- Ability to be flexible in changing situations
- Ability to maintain guest confidentiality
- Ability to maintain boundaries with clients.
Starting salary: $3,756-4,141/month, depending on experience,
plus excellent benefits.
Additional 5% pay if bilingual/Spanish. Bilingual preferred.