Website Clinica de Salud del Valle de Salinas
INCUMBENT: OSHA DETERMINATION: Non-Hazardous
Executive Administrative Assistant CLASSIFICATION: Confidential
It is the organizations policy that Clinica de Salud del Valle de Salinas does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, age, sex, physical handicap or national origin.
Responsible for office management and supervising staff. Performs administrative and budget related duties. Assists the Chief Executive Officer with department responsibilities. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Ability to oversee general management of the department.
- Demonstrates the ability to order supplies; completes and authorizes requisitions.
- Demonstrates the ability to compile and organize data for annual department budget.
- Demonstrates the ability to monitor and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Able to put together data from different sources for special projects; prepares reports.
- Assists in preparing and setting up Board of Directors meetings and provides administrative support by preparing agendas and minutes for the meetings.
- Maintains procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform secretarial duties, i.e., typing, dictation, correspondence, preparing reports, memos.
- Assigns and supervises clerks and entry level secretaries in the department.
- Maintains department staff records; records are kept confidential.
- Reviews and evaluates work of the clerks and entry level secretaries.
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner; directs calls appropriately.
- Maintains department records, files, policy and procedure manual.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the CEO, co-workers.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Is a resource person both within the department and to administrative staff of other departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to schedule meetings between departments, directors/managers.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience in office management, bookkeeping.
- One to two (1-2) years experience required by the specific department.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to use all office equipment.
- Able to type 45 words per minute, accurately. Able to take dictation.
For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Clinica de Salud del Valle de Salinas (CSVS)
We are dedicated to providing quality, comprehensive healthcare to men, women, and children, with an emphasis on farm worker families and the agricultural community in the Salinas Valley. Through our Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) outpatient clinics, CSVS continues to expand access to our medical and dental services by:
• Providing excellent care
• Addressing our patient’s needs
• Maintaining a sliding fee scale
• Establishing clinics and delivering services in areas with the most need
Therefore, with efficient resource management and aggressive efforts in seeking outside funding, CSVS is committed to maintaining financial stability so that our patients and employees can benefit from our success and focused on recruiting personnel who will promote and advocate the goals and philosophies of CSVS.
The CSVS Commitment: With our twelve CSVS clinics located throughout Monterey County, together with our CSVS mobile clinic, providing dental and medical care to targeted segments of the community, the commitment to our patients, our employees and the community will continue to be based on quality service and access to healthcare to all.
For more information on CSVS call the Human Resources Department at (831) 757-8689 or visit the CSVS website at www.csvs.org.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.