Website Clinica de Salud del Valle de Salinas
Responsible for the processing of invoices and payments for the facility. Invoices, credits and payments are processed through the computer system. Performs minor secretarial duties. Participates in the department’s performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Responsible for processing payments for purchase order transactions.
- Audits invoices against the purchase order/receiving report for correct vendor information, items, quantity and price.
- Ensures payments are made to vendors according to the terms in the purchase order; prepares voucher reports.
- Monitors invoices for correct information; investigates invoice or payment errors.
- Processes credits to department cost centers when applicable.
- Responsible for processing vendor refund or rebate checks.
- Lists and balances all payments made at the end of each business day.
- Answers the telephone professionally and in a timely manner; directs calls appropriately.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments including Materials Management.
- Demonstrates the ability to be organized and flexible.
- Sorts and delivers interdepartmental mail.
- Maintains PAR levels for office supplies.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work in designated time frame.
- Wears identification when on duty; uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends a minimum of 12 staff meetings annually; reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in clerical accounting.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting principles.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
- Ability to correctly operate all office equipment.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Clinica de Salud del Valle de Salinas (CSVS)
We are dedicated to providing quality, comprehensive healthcare to men, women, and children, with an emphasis on farm worker families and the agricultural community in the Salinas Valley. Through our Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) outpatient clinics, CSVS continues to expand access to our medical and dental services by:
• Providing excellent care
• Addressing our patient’s needs
• Maintaining a sliding fee scale
• Establishing clinics and delivering services in areas with the most need
Therefore, with efficient resource management and aggressive efforts in seeking outside funding, CSVS is committed to maintaining financial stability so that our patients and employees can benefit from our success and focused on recruiting personnel who will promote and advocate the goals and philosophies of CSVS.
The CSVS Commitment: With our twelve CSVS clinics located throughout Monterey County, together with our CSVS mobile clinic, providing dental and medical care to targeted segments of the community, the commitment to our patients, our employees and the community will continue to be based on quality service and access to healthcare to all.
For more information on CSVS call the Human Resources Department at (831) 757-8689 or visit the CSVS website at www.csvs.org.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.