Website City of Soledad
$17.00 – $20.28/Hour
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Reports directly to the Recreation Manager. Supervises, organizes, and maintains facility prior, during, and post events, and as scheduled. Ensures the facility use policies are enforced during special events and provide custodial service to renters. Facility Custodial Lead will serve as the facility liaison with on-site security and/or law enforcement; ensure on-site security enforces facilities event policies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
May supervise the work of part-time Recreation Leaders, Community Center Staff, Aides and Volunteers.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Illustrative Only)
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Special event on-site liaison with the renter, guests, and hired security.
- Facility maintenance, upkeep, and general cleaning prior to, during, and post events.
- Duties as described for event supervision.
- Full facility janitorial services as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide introduction of Staff to make sure Renter knows who to go to during the event.
- Check guests/visitors into the facility. Ensure capacity are within the allowed maximum capacity of facility.
- Ensure renters comply with facility use policies.
- Ensure restrooms and kitchens are stocked with paper products.
- Check restroom facilities for damage and make a record of any damage.
- Clean major spills.
- Remove garbage from the facility as needed.
- Set-up, rearrange, and/or tear-down tables, chairs, and/or dance floor.
- Repair clogged drains as needed.
- Provide event reports of incidents during the event.
- Perform final walk-through/inspection with renter, note any issues/damage, and have renter sign acknowledgement.
- Complete Event Check List, including time out. Ensure renter vacates the facility according to time stated on reservation.
- Closes windows, turns off lights and locks doors to secure building at the end of event.
- Serve as the facility liaison to security and/or law enforcement.
- Confirm that security and/or law enforcement is on-site per
- Ensure security is enforcing facility use policies.
- Ensure accessibility and assistance as needed for renter.
- Respond to all issues, needs, and emergencies.
- Document all issues, needs, and emergencies.
- Perform general janitorial duties throughout the shift while maintaining accessibility to renter.
- Additional Shift Duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Rules, equipment, facilities, operations, and techniques used in facility use and maintenance.
- Rules and policies for event rentals.
- Best cleaning practices for a commercial facility.
- Basic janitorial tools and chemical usage.
- Follow verbal and written instruction. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Interpret and explain City and Recreation rental policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure facilities are operating properly and safely.
- Ability to make educated, thoughtful decisions, and enforce rules and policies as established, with tact and professionalism.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and City staff.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with employees and the public.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: One (1) year of work or volunteer experience serving in a similar position.
License and Certifications:
License: Valid California Class C driver’s license with satisfactory driving record may be required.
Special requirements include being available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required. Must be able to work late hours, as late as 2 am, depending on rental.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Requires the use of basic janitorial tools and chemicals as well as a floor cleaning machine. The Parks & Recreation Department will supply all necessary materials.
Must possess mobility to work in a janitorial capacity in a large facility environment. The employee is required to participate in activities that include sitting, standing, walking, use of hands, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, or bending. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to drive a vehicle. Must possess vision to read printed materials and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Applicants will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical exam, drug test, background check and Live Scan Fingerprinting. Must be able to work late hours, as late as 2 am, depending on rental.
All of the statements listed in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change.
Must successfully pass pre-employment background, medical and Livescan.