Website City of King (King City)
City of King (King City)
Job Title: Recreation Aide – Summer Day Camp
Reports To: Summer Day Camp Coordinator
Employee Type: Seasonal
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under direct supervision of the Summer Day Camp coordinator, the SDC Recreation Aide is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day supervision of the King City Recreation Department Summer Day Camp program. The Rec Aide helps lead activities, sports, local field trips and programs for children ages 6 – 12 years of age. The program is designed to provide creative, fun, and developmentally appropriate activities within a safe environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Inspects and assures cleanliness and safety of the Recreation Center and other program areas in order to provide a safe, hazard-free environment
• Assists with organizing and leading camp activities, including arts and crafts, games, park play and walking field trips
• Helps with set-up and clean-up of program areas, making sure they are safe and hazard free
• Assists with maintain the safety of participants at all times
• Actively promotes positive interactions between Summer Day Campers
• Perform related duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Education/Experience: Must be at least 16 years old and have experience organizing and leading youth activities
• Certificates and Licenses: Current certification in First Aid/CPR
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Duties are performed in a variety of settings, to include indoors and outdoors, depending on the nature of the activity. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and observe. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to drive a vehicle. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Applicants will be required to complete a Live Scan check. Minors will
be required to provide a Work Permit issued by the appropriate authority. This is a seasonal employment position from May to August and possibly 1 week or so in December.