Website City of King (King City)
City of King (King City)
Job Title: Lifeguard
Reports To: Pool Manager
Employee Type: Seasonal
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under direct supervision of the Pool Manager, the Lifeguard safeguards and regulates the conduct
of patrons to prevent accidents and unsafe practices. The Lifeguard makes frequent checks of the
premises and enforces policies, rules, regulations, laws, and ordinances governing the conduct of
persons using the facility. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including the following, other duties may be assigned.
• Actively promotes positive public relations
• Supports with enforcing facility rules in order to prevent accidents and safety hazards.
• Helps with the everyday operations of the facility as assigned
• Performs daily maintenance and cleaning of the facility
• Enforces facility rules and ordinances in order to prevent accidents and safety hazards.
• Assists with rescues is alert to those in distress
• Performs appropriate follow up procedures including the use of available equipment.
• Completes required paperwork related to rescues, assists, first aid, maintenance, and
disciplinary actions accurately and in a timely manner.
• May serve as a swimming lesson instructor.
• Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
• Education/Experience: Must be at least 16 years old, and have knowledge of water safety,
facility rules and accident prevention.
• Certificates and Licenses: Current lifeguard training, including American Red Cross
Certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties of this job are mainly performed outdoors. The employee is regularly required to talk,
hear and observe. The employee must be able to effectively communicate. The employee is
frequently required to sit, stand, walk, swim, and perform lifesaving rescue operations. The
employee will use hands to feel and handle, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance or stoop
or kneel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements
include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants must pass a Swimming Test, which includes 200-yard freestyle swim in under 4 minutes
and retrieving an object from the bottom of the pool in 10 feet of water from surface
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Applicants will be required to complete a Live Scan check
• Minors will be required to provide a Work Permit issued by the appropriate authority
City of King is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer