Website City of Gonzales
City of Gonzales RECREATION LEADER I JOB DESCRIPTION
Kid Power After School Program – Grade Level Staff
Pay Rate: $14.56
Job is Seasonal (Mid August thru Mid June)
Under the supervision of the Youth Program Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator, facilitates groups of 12 youth ages 5 to 12 in after school activities such as sports, crafts and other activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for children in a small group setting.
· Responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group.
· Maintain responsibility and safety for small groups of children.
· Enforces all camp and rules and controls the behavior of camp participants.
· Responsible for activity preparation, facilitation and clean up.
· Provides good customer service which includes but is not limited to: Positive interaction with parents, campers and the community, be able to answer questions when asked,
· Provides safe recreation activities as directed by the Recreation Coordinator.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Job Requirements – Recreation Leader 1 –
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
· Must have current certification CPR & First Aid (Will be provided if hired)
· Mandated Reporter Training, Concussion Training and Workplace Harassment Training will be required to be completed before your start date (Will provide if hired)
· Must be able to show experience working with children
· Must love kids, be able to show compassion and have tons of energy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and background check as stipulated by the department.
· Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
· Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
· Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
RECREATION LEADER 1 – JOB DESCRIPTION ADDENDUM RELATED TO COVID-19
BE FULLY VACCINATED FOR COVID-19 BY DATE OF HIRE OR SUBMIT TO WEEKLY COVID-19 TESTING
Work closely, in person, with children ages 5-12. Must be able to assist with academic assistance, organization, virtual learning technology and facilitation of activities as well as facilitate mask wearing, social distancing and supervision of hand washing.
Follow a strict daily schedule as provided by the program which includes scheduled Staff Breaks
Follow the staff protocol and guidelines as established in the City of Gonzales Staff Handbook and the Parent/Family Handbook.
COVID-19 RELATED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These policies will remain in place until removed by the City of Gonzales.
Follow Covid-19 guidelines as set forth by the CDC and the orders of your supervisors
Wear a mask and face shield at all times while working. Breaks should be taken away from the program and you should maintain proper social distancing if other staff are also on break.
Participate in multiple daily temperature checks and health question screenings. This includes all staff, parents and participants.
Work diligently and consistently to keep the facility clean, disinfected and sanitized according to protocols adopted from CDC Guidelines. Sanitize playground after each use
Do not come to work if you are feeling ill, have a known Covid-19 exposure or have any type of cough or fever over 100.4 degrees.
Maintain the same group of kids for 4 weeks
In the event of a Covid-19 exposure, staff will be required to participate with contact tracing officials.
Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the City of Gonzales. Minimum required use will be masks, aprons, hand sanitizer, hand soap and face shields for staff. Also available will be goggles, gloves, gowns, touchless thermometers,
If you become ill during a work shift, you will be asked to leave immediately. You will be paid for the remainder of your shift. You may return with a negative test document or after a quarantine of 14 days.
There will be personal risk in the following areas:
– Possible exposure to Covid-19
– A Covid-19 exposure could mean the program is closed from between 48 hours and 14 days depending on the severity of the exposure. In the event of an outbreak the program may close at any time and may or may not re-open
COVID EXPOSURE EMPLOYEE ASSURANCES:
– In the event of a Covid-19 exposure, the City of Gonzales will comply with all relevant state and Federal laws, including the possible provision of paid leave, in the event of contracting COVID or exposure to the same in the workplace resulting in quarantine.
Job Type: Part-time (20 Hours)
Job Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 2:15PM – 5:45PM & Thursdays 12:15PM – 5:45PM plus a once a week meeting for 1 hour.
Pay: $14.56 per hour
Provide all appropriate PPE for staff including; masks, face shields, goggles, hand sanitizer, aprons, gowns, health checks, temperature screening, air purifiers, plexiglass barriers, individual supplies, daily sanitization by cleaning service
If you are interested in this opportunity please visit our website at: https://gonzalesca.gov/