Website City of Gonzales
City of Gonzales
POOL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Pay Rate: $17.58 – $21.91
Job is Seasonal (May – September)
Under supervision of the Recreation Coordinator the Pool Manager manages all pool staff, oversees all pool functions and works with maintenance to maintain a safe pool environment for staff and patrons at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates and maintains all pool staff scheduling.
• Enforces all City of Gonzales employee policies as related to pool staff.
• Oversees swimming lesson implementation of curriculum and proper training of pool staff.
• Trains pool staff during weekly trainings.
• Assumes all pool staff duties as needed. Including but not limited to all cleaning acts, lifeguarding, teaching swim lessons both group and private
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean facility at all times.
• Communicates effectively and frequently with the Recreation Coordinator.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have current certification Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, Swim Instructor preferred but not required.
• Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week, varied shifts
• Some managerial experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Knowledge of Lifeguard, CPR and first aid.
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
MUST INCULDE WITH APPLICATION
• Copy of current CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard Certification
Contact City of Gonzales at 675-5000 or email Carmen Gil at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Applications can also be printed from https://gonzalesca.gov/services/human-resources/job-opportunities