Website Central Coast Center for Independent Living
Accounting Administrative Assistant
The front desk Accounting Administrative Assistant performs routine accounting and administrative work in answering telephones, greeting the public, providing customer assistance, data processing and record-keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A limited number of employees can perform the duties as specified, and therefore cannot be reassigned as the duties require certain expertise to perform it.
• Greet and welcome guests/consumers
• Answer questions Answer all incoming calls and redirect them to appropriate staff
• Transfer new consumer calls or consumer walk ins to Information Referral and Assistance Specialist for schedule of a consumer appointment or to received information and referral services
• Assist in preparation and sending of monthly billing
• Assist with other general accounting support functions as required
▪ Assist with processing of insurance new and terminated enrollments. Tracks verifies enrollments/terminations and Analyzes and corrects any discrepancies.
▪ Provides accounting and clerical support to Accountants.
▪ Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
▪ Knowledge and skill in using financial accounting software and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
▪ General math skills and the ability to perform accurate calculations.
1. EQUIPMENT DATA BASE
a. Responsible of keeping track off all equipment
b. Responsible for Tagging and entering all equipment into equipment database
c. Responsible for maintaining equipment database up to date (includes adding new equipment to track the date purchased, received, assigned to and the funding source.
2. OFFICE MANAGEMENT
a. Maintain office equipment and arrange for any necessary repairs
b. Stock generally used office equipment with supplies.
c. Responsible for maintaining office cleanliness and accessibility.
d. Maintain the storage room.
3. PURCHASE ORDERS
a. Responsible for organizing, keeping track of office supplies such as consumer files, copy paper, pen/pencils, and other supplies.
b. Responsible for completing purchase request to replenish office supplies.
c. Responsible for tracking all received orders and sign off as received the Purchase Order (PO).
d. Responsible for providing immediate supervisor, accounting, and executive director a running balance of all purchase made.
4. MAIL PROCESSING
a. Responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing mail
b. Responsible for receiving and processing all income and outgoing packets
c. Responsible for log in in all incoming checks into check log binder
d. Responsible for making copies of all incoming checks and provide a copy to the following staff, Accounting Assistant, Controller and Executive Director, as well to make copy of the check log binder
e. Responsible for monitoring postage funds and when needed responsible for completing purchase request to replenish postage meter.
4/15/2021 Administrative Assistant Page 3 of 4
• Competency in MS Office and databases
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers
• Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
• Data entry and work processing skills
• Well organized
• High School Degree or Associates degree or relevant certification is a plus
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Employee must work 37.5 hours each week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.