Buckingham Property Management
Buckingham Property Management has an immediate opening for an experienced Apartment Maintenance Technician who will provide outstanding basic maintenance service for its Kings Station and Creek Bridge properties in King City, California!
The selected individual will have at least two (2) years of experience in commonly used practices and procedures in the maintenance field. You will hit the ground running with your working knowledge of basic maintenance repairs and troubleshooting, timely completion of work orders and turnover of units in preparation for quality move-ins. Related training in plumbing, electrical and/or appliance repairs is a plus.
You will be self-driven with great follow though, a team player, dependable and will always provide outstanding customer service to residents and fellow employees. You will value and exhibit effective and courteous partnerships with co-workers (whether assigned to the same property or assisting from another property) by maintaining professional standards of conduct at all times. You will have an ability to effectively communicate in English with groups and/or individuals, and/or have an ability to speak and understand Spanish as required by property demographics.
You will act as a partner with the Community Manager under the direction of the District Supervisor and/or Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring superior curb-appeal, timely and quality unit turns and overall maintenance of our complex at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the position include:
· Perform repairs, modifications and preventive maintenance tasks on building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems;
· Timely unit turns between residents including painting, cleaning and repairing;
· Quality, prompt and professional response to resident service requests such as:
· Plumbing: clearing stoppages and replacing fittings
· General Carpentry: wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, ceramic tile repair, fitting doors, freeing window and door jams, and light woodwork
· Basic Electrical Repairs: appliances, air conditioning, heating, light fixtures, switches, outlets, and circuits
· Custodial: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, carpet shampooing, emptying community trash bins, cleaning windows, laundry and community room maintenance, and the cleaning of apartments
· Grounds: daily walk-throughs to maximize curb appeal and overall community appearance and preservation of housing community, pool maintenance, picking up trash and pulling weeds
· Special maintenance work in coordination with Maintenance Supervisor and/or District Supervisor;
· Performance of monthly, quarterly and annual inspections, as required, of all units, buildings, common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed;
· Preparation of and participation in compliance audits;
· Accurate record keeping regarding preventative maintenance, work orders per apartment refurbishing, i.e. carpet or appliance replacements, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders;
· Monthly physical inventory of stock materials in maintenance shop;
· Quarterly, and as needed, safety inspections;
· Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals;
· Daily communication with Community Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and/or District Supervisor as to status of work orders at property;
· Response to after-hours emergency situations at the property, as necessary.