Best Western Hotel
Maintains the physical condition of the hotel according to established operating and safety standards, ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner.
· Performs general guest room and public area maintenance and repairs on HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment.
· Checks on all guest room electrical appliances and circuits, including refrigeration controls, television sets, and lighting systems, making repairs where necessary.
· Provides guest room service/repair status to Front Desk, Chief Engineer, and Executive Housekeeper.
· Performs general carpentry, tiling, painting and wall surface repairs.
· Responds in a timely, courteous manner to guest questions, complaints, or requests.
· Properly maintains tools, workspaces, and equipment.
· Completes preventive maintenance checklists and other maintenance records.
· Maintains water quality for pool and spa.
· Carpet shampoo
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What candidate traits are needed to be successful in this role?
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum two years of hotel or apartment experience.
· HVAC certification preferred.
· Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing maintenance.
· Experience with general maintenance tools.
· Troubleshooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, and carpentry.
· Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighting up to 100 lbs.
· Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
· Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, and reach upward.
· Ability to tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
· Ability to communicate effectively with guests and coworkers.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our hotel maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, genetic information, uniformed service or veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, provincial, or local laws