Website Asilomar Hotel and Conference Grounds
The Cafe Attendant is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing a memorable guest service experience. Adheres to established food safety, food handling, alcohol service and sanitation procedures. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
COMPENSATION: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $20.28, depending on circumstances including an applicant’s skills and qualifications, certain degrees and certifications, prior job experience, market data, and other relevant factors. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This is Aramark’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of compensation for this position as of the time of posting.
• Courteously greets and assists all guests
• Takes food orders and serves guests
• Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
• Properly stores food by applying food safety policies and procedures
• Sets up workstations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
• Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes workstations
• Serves food to guests while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the guests’ needs
• Replenishes food items and ensures product is stocked to appropriate levels
• Maintains excellent service, positive demeanor, friendly, efficient, and positive service towards guests, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
• Responsible for running a cash register and collecting payment for sale from guests
• Reconciles cash to register sales and stand inventory
• Maintains and implements the Aramark alcohol policy
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Previous food service experience preferred
• Must be able to obtain food safety certification
• Demonstrates positive guest service skills
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lb.
• May be required to meet state age requirements for serving alcohol
• May be required to obtain TIPS/TEAM card at locations that serve and sell alcohol
• May be required to complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
• Previous Guest Service experience is a plus
• Ideal candidate will be available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.