Website A Tool Shed, Inc.
Yard Worker Job Description
A Tool Shed, Inc. yard workers service rental equipment, greet and assist customers with loading and unloading, instruction, cleaning and maintenance of equipment. Yard workers also clean and maintain the yard area and work as a team to get the job done as needed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Greets customers as they arrive and assess customer needs to get started receiving equipment or sending out rental equipment.
• Ensures all rental equipment is in good, useable condition before it goes out to the customer.
• Oils and lubricates all tools, equipment and tilt-up braces according to specifications before they go out for delivery.
• Prepares and stages rental orders to go out for delivery.
• Inspects all rental equipment for damage when it comes back from a customer; Reports any damage according to established procedure.
• Cleans rental area and equipment on a regular basis.
• Removes dirt, concrete, or other debris from rental equipment.
Work as a team with other yard personnel.
Write legibly on all correspondence.
• Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature and weather extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes.
• If you need safety gear or other tools, please contact your manager.
· Ability to lift, carry, and safely move a minimum 50 pounds unassisted. Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
· May require 10 hour workdays, periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.