Website 4LEAF, Inc.
$22 – $35 an hour
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
4LEAF, Inc. (4LEAF) is a professional services firm specializing in providing plan review, project inspection, and on-call inspection services to municipal Building and Public Works Departments throughout California, Washington, Nevada, and New England.
4LEAF is seeking highly-qualified Permit Technicians in California. Two years of industry experienced is preferred. Possession of an ICC Permit Technician certificate is desirable.
· Perform a wide variety of paraprofessional, technical and clerical duties to support the permitting process.
· Assist with the processing of a variety of permits to support the Building, Planning, and Engineering Divisions.
· Determine permit application completeness in compliance with State and local codes and regulations.
· Review, accept, track, and assist in various aspects of the permitting process.
· Provide outstanding customer service to customers and the general public by providing information regarding the permit application process.
· Review development permit applications, plans and other related documents for completeness and accuracy, determining acceptability for further review.
· Calculate, collect, receipt and document fees associated with development project applications.
· Assist with clerical functions and the filing and maintenance of development review files.
· Answer phones and direct code and development related questions to the appropriate person.
· Update electronic permit files.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
· Modern office practices and procedures;
· Familiarity with building plans, codes, ordinances and related terminology;
· The understanding of a complete set of building plans;
· Processes and procedures associated with construction permits;
· Computer software applications including word-processing and spreadsheets; and
· Records management practices.
Competitive Salary, Medical Benefits, 401K Plan, Flex Spending Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $35.00 per hour
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Only full-time employees eligible
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place