Is Owning a Business Right for You?
If you are thinking of starting a business, there are several good resources to help you get started such as SBA business start-up guide:
- 10 Steps to Start Your Business: https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/10-steps-start-your-business/
Owning and operating a business successfully requires a lot of work and skills. Do you have what it takes?
- A great idea?
- Know your potential customers?
- Enough resources for 18 months to see a positive cash flow?
- Have you created a Business Plan?
A written Business Plan not only guides your actions and decisions, but it can be given to investors and others so they will understand you’re serious about starting a business.
Create a Business Plan
There are no right or wrong Business Plans, but here are some suggested templates for a Business Plan.
- SBA: https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/plan-your-business/write-your-business-plan
- Santa Clara University: https://www.scu.edu/mobi/business-plans/