Our Funding by Fiscal Year and Programs
The following chart displays the amount of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and other grant funds allocated to Monterey County WDB for Fiscal Year 2015-16. It also displays the major programs and how much funding is allocated for each to include: Adult, Dislocated Worker, Youth, Rapid Response and other funding such as competitive and special grant funds.
Other Funding include:
- Dislocated Worker Additional Assistance – 25% WIA Discretionary Funds
- Workforce Innovation Fund "Youth Ambassadors for Peace" – Department of Labor grant to provide intensive, relationship-oriented, hands-on leadership and career preparation experience to youth ages 16-24, with multiple barriers.
- Public Safety Realignment Act (AB 109) – Agreement between Monterey County Probation Department, Department of Social Services (DSS) and Office for Employment Training for implementation of allocated monies from AB 109.
- Silver Star, gang-prevention and intervention program – County of MontereyYouth Employment Program and Workforce Accelerator Fund – Partnership with DSS and Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz County WDBs to help improve the quality and opportunities of at-risk disconnected youth through leadership and mentorship opportunities.
- Long Term Unemployment - Agreement between multiple WDB': SELACO, Monterey, NOVA, and Kern/Inyo/Mono Consortium. The project involves both identification of best practices for placement of the long term unemployed into employment and implementing these best practices in placing at least 180 (45 per WDB) long term unemployed into employment.