Grant Awards & Special Projects
GOVERNOR’S 25% DISCRETIONARY ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE DISLOCATED WORKER FUNDS – FOR MANUFACTURING & BANKING DISLOCATED WORKERS
Monterey County WDB applied for and received 25 Percent Governor’s Additional Assistance Dislocated Worker funding to expand re-employment services and training to serve up to 185 individuals due to an increase of displaced workers seeking services from the America’s Job Center of California (formerly One-Stop) delivery system. The increased customer flow is driven by multiple layoffs, primarily in the banking and agriculture light manufacturing industries.
- Funding Source: Governor’s Workforce Investment Act (WIA) 25 percent Additional Assistance Dislocated Worker grant funds
- Grant Award: $847,890
- Grant Period: November 1, 2013 to June 30, 2015
NATIONAL EMERGENCY GRANT – MULTI SECTOR RE-EMPLOYMENT FUNDS
On June 30, 2011, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced a $45,080,077 National Emergency Grant to provide re-employment services to about 5,880 workers affected by layoffs from a number of private and public sector employers located in 20 California counties. This grant project involves a California Multi Sector workforce partnership consisting of 21 geographically contiguous local Workforce Development Board (WDB) jurisdictions. The Monterey County WDB is one of 21 WDB’s awarded. For Monterey County, the project area aims to serve 141 affected laid-off workers with employment, training, job search and job placement services provided through a combination of Monterey County One Stop Career Center providers and contractors with demonstrated experience to provide re-employment training and job search and placement services.
- Funding Source: National Emergency Grant – Multi Sector Re-employment grant funds
- Grant Award: $444,385 (Funding was awarded in increments. DOL has released 40% of the funds for this project. For Monterey County this represents $444,385 (40%) of the total grant award. Additional funding up to the amount approved will be made available based on performance and demonstrated need for assistance.)
- Grant Period: September 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015